Chicken And Shrimp In Red Wine Sauce
- 2 1/2 lb Broiler-fryer chicken to
- 3 lb Broiler-fryer chicken, cut into serving pcs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 c. Flour
- 1/2 c. Butter or possibly margarine
- 1 lrg Finely minced onion
- 2 x Cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 Tbsp. Minced parsley
- 3/4 c. Red wine
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 ounce Can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Dry sweet basil leaves
- 1 lb Raw, shelled deveined shrimp
- 1. Wash chicken and pat dry. Set aside.
- 2. In a plastic bag combine salt, pepper and flour. Coat each piece of chicken with seasoned flour.
- 3. In a large, heat-resistant, non-metallic skillet heat butter on top of a conventional surface unit.
- 4. Add in chicken pcs and brown on all sides till golden.
- 5. Remove chicken pcs and set aside. Add in onions and garlic to skillet. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 1 1/2 min or possibly till onion is tender.
- 6. Add in minced parsley, wine, ltalian seasoning, tomato sauce, and sweet basil to sauteed onion mix. Stir to combine.
- 7. Add in reserved chicken pcs and heat, covered, in Microwave Oven for 12 to 15 min or possibly till chicken is tender.
- 8. Remove chicken pcs and place on serving platter.
- 9. Add in shrimp to wine sauce and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 min or possibly till sauce bubbles and shrimp turn pink. (Don't overcook shrimp as they will become tough.)
- 10. Skim any fat from surface of sauce. Pour shrimp sauce over chicken pcs.
Leave a review or comment