Chicken and Sausage StewPrep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 2by sf9 recipes>
- 2-4 tablespoons EVOO
- 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken cut into 1-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces andouille sausage, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose or rice flour
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into thick rounds
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed and sliced (optional)
- 1/2 lb green beans, cut in 1 inch lengths
- 1/2 lb potatoes cut in 1 inch cubes
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- Toss the vegetables in oil to coat, sprinkle with herbs and roast at 400° for 20-30 minutes until browned and tender.
- Cut sausage lengthwise and then into Â¼ inch half rounds, brown slowly in a skillet.
- When the sausage is browned, remove it from the pan and saute the chicken until barely cooked.
- Add the sausage back to the pan. Add garlic and flour, stir. When the flour has covered all the pieces of meat, add white wine, lemon and chicken stock. Stir.
- Add the vegetables.
- Add stock or water (+thickener) if more sauce is needed.
- Adjust seasonings, simmer until thickened and serve.
Leave a review or comment