Chicken And Preserved Lemon
- 1 x 3 1/2 pound chicken
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x onion, sliced
- 2 clv garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely minced Preserved lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 1 stk cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 1/2 c. black olives
- 1/4 c. minced fresh coriander
- Cut chicken into pcs, removing skin. Set aside.
- In large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken all over.
- Transfer to plate.
- Add in sliced onions and garlic to pan; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 min.
- Add in minced preserved lemon, paprika, cumin, cinnamon and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Return chicken pcs to pan along with any juices.
- Add in chicken stock and bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 min or possibly till juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
- Throw away cinnamon stick.
- Sprinkle with olives and coriander.
Leave a review or comment