Chicken And Pork Adobo
- Filipino chicken and pork with garlic Adobo is the national dish of the Philippines. Most hot-weather countries have through the centuries developed recipes which preserve food while flavoring it. This dish is different than many because of its strong component of vinegar. It is at once sour, salty, and drenched in garlic.
- 1 lb chicken, cut up
- 2 lb pork butt, cut into cubes
- 6 x cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce (or possibly more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp grnd black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. distilled vinegar
- 2 x bay leaves veg. oil
- Put vinegar, bay leaves, salt, pepper, soy sauce, and water in a saucepan.
- Cover and cook slowly about 15 min. Meanwhile, heat the veg. oil in a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan. and brown them over medium-low heat (about 5 min). Add in the chicken, pork; to the fry pan and brown it over medium-high heat (about 5 min). Add in the garlic. Add in the broth to the fry pan and simmer, partly covered, till the chicken is done (about 30 min). Don't let it come to a boil. Remove the bay leaves and serve over rice. This dish is too strongly flavored to go well with wine; try serving it with beer. 6 Servings.
Leave a review or comment