Chicken And Herb Potstickers With Mint Chili Sauce
- 1 pkt frzn minced spinach - (10 ounce) thawed, squeezed dry
- 3/4 lb grnd chicken
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 1 c. minced green onions
- 1/3 c. minced cilantro
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. finely-minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp chili-garlic sauce see * Note
- 1 1/2 tsp oriental sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 x egg roll wrappers
- 1 c. Chinese plum sauce
- 3/4 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. dry Sherry
- 18 Tbsp. vegetable oil - (about) Mint-Chili Sauce (see recipe)
- * Note: Chili-garlic sauce is available at Asian markets and in the Asian foods section of many supermarkets.
- Place spinach in large bowl; fold in chicken, 1 egg and next 10 ingredients.
- Beat remaining egg in small bowl. Place 1 egg roll wrapper on work surface; cut in half diagonally. Brush edges with beaten egg. Spoon heaping 1 Tbsp. chicken filling into center of each half. Fold egg roll wrappers over filling, forming small triangles. Press edges together to seal. Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers and filling. (Potstickers can be prepared ahead. Arrange in single layer on foil-lined baking sheet; cover with plastic wrap. Chill up to 6 hrs or possibly freeze up to 3 days. If frzn, thaw potstickers before continuing with recipe.)
- Whisk plum sauce, 3/4 c. water and Sherry in small bowl to blend. Set aside.
- Heat 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, fry 4 potstickers at a time till brown on both sides, about 1 1/2 min per side. Transfer to paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat with remaining potstickers in 5 more batches, adding 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil (or possibly more if necessary) per batch.
- Heat 5 Tbsp. reserved plum-sauce mix in another large skillet over medium heat. Add in 4 potstickers and cook till chicken filling is cooked through, turning once, about 3 min. Transfer to platter. Repeat with remaining plum-sauce mix and potstickers in 5 more batches. Serve potstickers immediately with Mint-Chili Sauce.
- This recipe yields 8 first-course servings.
Leave a review or comment