Chicken And Exotic Mushrooms In Pastry With A Sauce Supreme
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 c. Finely-minced onions Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 4 c. Thinly-sliced exotic mushrooms
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 4 x Boneless skinless chicken breasts - (abt 6 ounce ea)
- 4 x Puff pastry rounds - (abt 8" dia)
- 1 x Egg beaten
- 1 x recipe Sauce Supreme see * Note
- 1 Tbsp. Finely-minced fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a saute/fry pan, over medium heat, heat the butter. Add in the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Saute/fry for 2 to 3 min or possibly till wilted. Add in the mushrooms and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Saute/fry for 4 to 6 min or possibly till wilted. Remove from the heat and cold.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place each chicken breast on one half of each pastry round. Spoon 1/2 c. of the mushroom mix on top of each chicken breast. Fold the other half of the pastry round over the chicken, forming a half-moon shape. Fold the ends of the pastry in 1/2-inch and healthy pinch the ends tightly to seal the ends completely.
- Place the chicken on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush each pastry with the egg wash and place in the oven. Bake for 18 to 20 min or possibly till the pastry is golden brown. Remove from the oven. Spoon the Sauce Supreme in the center of each plate. Place the pastry on top of the sauce and garnish with parsley.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment