Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- 3/4 c. Butter Flavor Crisco all-vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 c. Light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 x Egg
- 1/3 c. Lowfat milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 c. Quick oats, uncooked
- 1 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 c. Raisins
- 1 c. Coarsely minced walnuts
- 1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease baking sheets with Crisco.
- 2. Combine Crisco, light brown sugar, egg, lowfat milk and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer till well blended.
- 3. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix into creamed mix at low speed, just till blended. Stir in raisins and nuts
- 4. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheet.
- 5. Bake one sheet at a time for 10-12 min, or possibly till lightly browned.
- Cold 2 min on baking sheet. Place sheets of foil on countertop. Remove cookies to foil to cold completely.
Leave a review or comment