Cherry SconesPrep: 20 min Cook: 65 min Servings: 16by RecipeKing54 recipes>
Cherry Scones is a delicious, and moist recipe for a true English scone made with either dried cherries or dried cranberries and almonds. A great addition to your breakfast and or brunch meal rotation. Great for overnight guests or large gatherings. Not at all dry like many scones. It is also a low calories, low fat, low sodium, low cholesterol, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy and Weight Watchers (5) PointsPlus per serving recipe.
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2/3 cup dried cherries or dried sweetened cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place all topping ingredients in a bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in another bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine sour cream, egg and almond extract in another bowl; mix until smooth. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in cherries.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times until smooth, adding a small amount of flour, if necessary.
- Divide dough in half. Pat each half into a 7 inch circle. Place 2 inches apart onto large ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle topping evenly over dough. Score each half into 8 wedges; do not separate. Bake 25-30 minutes or until scones are lightly browned. Cool 15 minutes; separate scones.
- Store leftover scones in airtight container at room temperature.
Leave a review or comment