Cherry ClafloutiServings: 1by Windle Grissett15 recipes>
The French version of a cobbler, great with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
- 1 1/2 pints fresh cherries, washed and pitted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch fine salt
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cherries in the bottom of a small rectangular glass pan (about 8 by 10 inches).
- In a medium bowl, crack eggs and whisk lightly. Add sugar and continue whisking until mixture thickens and is pale yellow. Add milk and vanilla; whisk to combine. Add flour and whisk to combine. Add a pinch of fine salt and whisk to incorporate. Pour mixture over cherries.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven until the clafouti has puffed and the center bounces back when lightly pressed, about 45 minutes, rotating once.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before cutting. Slice into 8 equal pieces and gently remove from pan with a spatula or cake server. Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment