Chef Gino's Peanut Blossom CookiesPrep: 45 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 48by J. Gino Genovesi60 recipes>
Peanut Blossoms were developed by Freda Smith from Gibsonburg, Pa. in a National Pillsbury Bake-Offf competition in 1949. In 1957 she entered the recipe in another competition, however, her recipe did not clinch the grand prize. Pillsbury established a Bake-Off Hall of Fame. They later designed a cookbook , and her recipe was included. The Hershey Company saw a chance to advertise, and printed her recipe on all Hershey Kisses bags. I make them for all holidays and make them in many styles.
- 48 Hershey's Kisses
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 T. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- 2- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Prepare 48 Hershey's Kisses
- 1. In large bowl, put together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, milk and beat until smooth.
- 2. Add baking soda, vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- 3. Stir in flour and beat until pasty smooth.
- 4. Chill dough for better handling.
- 5. Use a 1 inch scoop: Roll dough into balls.
- 6. Roll each in granulated sugar and place on non-greased cookie sheet.
- 7. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- 8. Remove cookie sheet from oven;press in a candy kiss in the center of each cookie. Cookie will slightly crack.
- 9. Immediately return the cookies to the oven and leave for about 1 minute.
- 10. Remove and allow to cool slightly, then place on wire rack....
- To store, wait until cookies are cool. Line them between waxed paper and place in freezer container.
Leave a review or comment