Cheesy Garlic Mashed PotatoesPrep: 5 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 8by Mary Joseph24 recipes>
- 5-6 cloves roasted garlic
- 2lbs potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Start by roasting the garlic. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place 5-6 cloves of garlic (depending on your garlic preference) in the middle of a square of tin foil and drizzle liberally with olive oil. Gather the corners/ends of the foil into one bunch up top so that the garlic is completely sealed in. Put this in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool to the touch then cut off the ends and squeeze them (like a tube of toothpaste) out of their shells then mince.
- Peel and quarter the potatoes and put them into a large pot with 1 tablespoon salt. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Boil uncovered until the potatoes come right off a fork when you stick them, about 15-20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling melt butter in a small saucepan. Add cream, roasted garlic, salt and pepper and whisk together until combined. Bring to a boil then remove from heat, cover to keep warm.
- When potatoes are done, drain well. Either put them back in the pot, pour cream mixture over them, add the cheese then beat with an electric mixer or put them in your standing mixer bowl and use the whisk attachment to beat them. If you donât have either of those just put the potatoes and cream mixture into a large bowl and use a potato masher to mash the potatoes then stir for a minute or so with a large spoon.
Leave a review or comment