Cheese sticks with Marinara dipServings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
Betty Crocker style!
- 1 lb Cheddar, Swiss or mozzarella cheese, cut into 3x1/2-inch sticks
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Place cheese sticks on tray; freeze at least 1 hour.
- Heat 2 inches of oil to 375ºF in large heavy saucapan or follow manufacturer's direction on deep fryer.
- Beat Bisquick mix, paprika, milk and egg until smooth.
- Dip cheese, 1 stick at a time, into batter, covering cheese completely.
- Fry 8 to 10 sticks at a time 1 to 2 minutes, turning carefully, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Let stand 5 minutes
- Serve with marinara sauce.
Leave a review or comment