Chapati With Spicy Potato Filling (Indian)
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- 2 x Onions
- 1 dsp grnd chillies
- 2 x Potatoes, mashed
- 1 med Carrot, grated
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 stalk spring onion, minced
- 1 sprg coriander leaves
- 500 gm Wholemeal flour (atta)
- 1 1/2 c. Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp. Ghee
- Heat oil and lightly brown onions. Add in chillies, mashed potatoes, grated carrot, salt and minced spring onion and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Remove from heat and allow to cold.
- Put wholemeal flour into a mixing bowl with salt. Mix into a hard ball of dough by adding water a little at a time. Spread 1 Tbsp. of ghee on the dough and continue kneading. Repeat with another Tbsp. of ghee.
- Lastly spread the last Tbsp. of ghee onto the lump of dough and allow to stand for 30 min.
- Divide into small balls of dough. Flatten dough with the palm of your hands. Dip both sides into a little flour. Place chapati on a wooden board and roll out with a rolling pin.
- Brush with a little ghee and spread 1 Tbsp. of spicy potato filling proportionately on surface. Fold into half and then fold again to seal filling. Dip again into flour and roll out again into a thin square of chapati.
- Place chapati onto a flat pan over medium heat and brown both sides. Brush chapati with ghee on both sides while frying.
- Serve with your favourite curry, dhal or possibly plain lowfat yoghurt.
Leave a review or comment