Caviar Traditional Ideas Traditional Garnishes
- 4 ounce Caviar
- 2 x Hard-boiled Large eggs
- 1 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 1/4 c. White wine Lemon
- 1/2 c. Minced chives Salt to taste Freshly-grnd white pepper to taste
- 1/4 lb Smoked salmon already sliced
- 4 x New potatoes blanched, skin on
- 4 sm Crepes (4" by 4")
- 4 x Chives, long blanched Edible flowers
- 1/2 c. Herb salad (chervil springs, snipped chives, tarragon leaves, small basil leaves)
- 1 sm Red onion, brunoise
- 1 sm bunch Parsley finely minced
- 1/2 c. Capers
- 6 x Toast points
- For the Large eggs: Pass the yolks through a small fine sieve. Chop the whites finely. The whites need to be minced instead of passed through the sieve because of the water content in the whites. If they are passed through a sieve they will be wet and hard to handle.
- For the Chive Cream: In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients together and mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the Rosettes: On each piece of salmon, spread 1 Tbsp. of the chive cream on top of the salmon. Roll the salmon into a rosette and garnish with the caviar.
- For the New Potatoes: Slice one end of the potato off, so the potato will stand. Using a melon baller, slightly scoop out the center of the potato. Season with salt and pepper. Fill each potato with chive cream and garnish with caviar.
- For the Purses: In the center of each crepe, dab a small amount of the chive cream and top with caviar. Tie the purses with the long chives.
- Place the caviar in a serving dish with crushed ice in the center of a platter. Arrange the garnishes around the platter in separate piles. On a platter, place the rosettes, new potatoes, and purses and garnish with the remaining garnishes.
Leave a review or comment