Cauliflower & White Bean SautéPrep: 15 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 4by Yvonne Tally, Your Fit Gourmet7 recipes>
This is the perfect bed for any grilled fish. Of course, my number one is salmon because it is not over powered by the earthy flavor of the cauliflower. Great the next day added to a mixed green salad with the left over fish. Simply puree it and make a fast no-cream creamy soup.
- 1 head cauliflower - heavy stem remove and broken into bit size flowers
- 10 button mushrooms - sliced thin – buy them already sliced
- 1 stalk celery - chopped small
- 1 -2 shallots - sliced – brown onion may be used
- 1 15 oz canned cannelini beans - drained and lightly rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- course sea salt
- cracked pepper
- Place mushrooms in a large sautÃ© pan over medium high heat. Do not move, let them sit and absorb the heat. Mushrooms will begin to sizzle and turn tan and shrivels around the edges. Move pan off heat and add olive oil, distributing evening as you sautÃ©; mushrooms will crackle and sizzle. Return to heat and lower flame to medium heat.
- Add celery, shallot and cauliflower sautÃ© until tender; about 5-6 minutes.
- Add beans and sautÃ© just until beans are well heated, about 2 minute.
- When cauliflower is tender, add parsley and incorporate. Season with salt and pepper
- The Plate
- Serve as a side dish with salmon, pork of chicken. It makes a dramatic plate is served in a large bowl with the fish or poultry on top â restaurant style
Leave a review or comment