Catalina Mexican Salad
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 small red onion,
- 1 bottle Catalina dressing
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 head lettuce, cut or torn
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 bag tortilla chips, crushed
- Marinate first four ingredients at lease two hours.
- In large bowl, layer - tomatoes on bottom, then avocado, lettuce, black olives, green onions and cucumbers.
- Spread marinate mixture on top. Sprinkle with cheese, then crushed chips. Toss when ready to serve. If made ahead of time, put chips on only when ready to serve. Goes will with enchiladas or BBQ.
Leave a review or comment