Capellini alla puttanesca with tunaServings: 5by Desert Panz34 recipes>
This is a riff of my traditional Puttanesca "sauce" because I didn't use anchovies and capers. I included artichoke hearts, Kalamata olives, Ahi tuna, and roasted red peppers. I'm always looking for ways to tweak recipes. I cook Gluten Free because Babe has Celiac Disease. Bon appetito!
- 12 oz of Gluten Free Capellini - I use Jovial brand.
- Five - 4 to 6 oz of Ahi tuna steaks
- Five garlic cloves
- Half medium yellow onion
- Can of small artichoke hearts (9-12)
- Cup of sliced roasted red peppers
- Cup of sliced Kalamata olives
- Tsp of red pepper flakes
- Dice the onion. Slice the roasted red peppers. Quarter the artichoke hearts. Slice the Kalamata olives. Squash the garlic cloves and shop into small pieces. Set aside.
- Add water to your pasta pot and set flame to begin boiling.
- While water is on add a couple Tbs of extra virgin olive oil to pan large enough to hold the ingredients.
- Add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes to pan then put burner on and saute for about five minutes.
- Add roasted red peppers and Kalamata olives to the pan. Stir to incorporate. Saute on low-medium.
- Once water boils add a Tbs of Kosher salt. Then, add the Capellini.
- Season the tuna and add to pan, cover. Turn burner back to medium. After three minutes or so flip the tuna. Cook for another three minutes. We like our tuna steaks done before medium, in other words with some pink in the middle. So, cook your tuna to your liking.
- Cook the Capellini to al dente. Add a half cup of its cooking water to the pan.
- Drain pasta then plate.
Leave a review or comment