Canning Spaghetti SauceServings: 1by Jennifer17 recipes>
Love this spaghetti sauce! Mix a quart of spaghetti sauce with one can of tomato soup. We also add hamburger and a pint of carrots to the sauce before serving.
- 20 pounds of fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped green pepper
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped fresh parsley OR ¾ cup dry parsley
- 2-3 tsp. bottled chopped garlic OR 4 fresh garlic buds chopped in small pieces
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbl. chili powder
- 3 Tbl. Un-iodized salt
- 2 Tbl. Sugar
- 2 tsp. Oregano
- 2 tsp. Rosemary
- 2 tsp. Allspice
- 1 tsp. powdered basil
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. Sage
- 1 tsp. Cumin Seed
- Peel and dice tomatoes. This tomato skins will slip off the tomatoes after boiling them for about 30 seconds.
- Combine the tomatoes, onions, green peppers, celery, parsley, garlic, and olive oil in a large stockpot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil for Â½ hour.
- Add spices.
- Bring the mixture back to a boil and simmer for 2 Â½ hours.
- Fill quart or pint jars.
- Use a pressure cooker to process spaghetti sauce.
- Check lids for a seal before storing.
Leave a review or comment