Cannelini And Green Bean Soup With Kielbasa (7pts)
- 2 c. Green Bean and Kielbasa Soup (3pts) leftover
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 c. diced onion
- 1/4 c. diced celery
- 1/4 c. diced carrot
- 1 x clove garlic chopped salt and black pepper
- 1 pch curry-cumin blend see tip
- 1 pch Fine herbs
- 1 c. defatted low-sodium vegetable broth (kitchen basics)
- 1 c. cooked cannelini beans well rinsed water
- Heat oil in a lightly coated nonstick sauce pan. Saute/fry the onion, carrot, celery and garlic with a healthy pinch of salt and pepper for 2 to 3 min. Add in a healthy pinch of spice and herbs (see tips) and stir to mix and hot the spice. Add in the broth
- Add in the broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to simmer the vegetables till soft (5 min). Add in the cannelini beans. Stir to combine; add in water to thin. Heat gently. Serve warm and offer the Curry-Cumin Blend as a condiment.
- TIP :* Curry Cumin blend: 1 Tbsp. Madras curry pwdr, 2 tsp. grnd cumin; 1 tsp. dry orange peel; 1/2 tsp. salt; 1/4 tsp. pepper. Combine in a shaker jar. Use lightly to flavor sauted onions-carrots-celery; meats, soups, pasta, salad dressings, etc. Aromatic.
- Description: "A curried beans soup uses Green Bean and Kielbasa Soup (leftover)"
- NOTES : When cooking for two, we end up with leftover. Sometimes we reheat the leftover and sometimes we use it as an ingredient to get something different. Here is an example of using herbs and spice to change the character of a soup. And it was good! Lots of aroma and flavor. A hearty soup.
Leave a review or comment