Cajun Chicken Linguine AlfredoPrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
A bit spicy, a bit creamy, this decadent pasta brings a classic Chicken Alfredo to a whole new level. It’s bursting with flavor and spice thanks to the Cajun seasonings. If this doesn’t wake up your taste buds, nothing will! Don’t worry though, if you don’t like your food too spicy, just add less seasoning and it’ll still taste dreamy. Normally this pasta dish contains an astronomical amount of fat and calories at 919 calories and over 61 grams of fat! I’ve made it skinny by using reduced-fat milk instead of heavy cream, less reduced-fat butter instead of regular and opting for fiber dense whole wheat linguine. The skinny on this pasta is now 391 calories, 9.8 grams fat and 10 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. The results will amaze and delight.
- 1 package (1 lb.) chicken breast tenders or 4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 6 ounces whole wheat linguine, cooked al dente, see shopping tip
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Spice of Life’s “Cajun Sensation” spices, see shopping tip
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- ¾ cup reduced-fat milk
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes (oil packed), blotted well with paper towels, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the chicken pieces and sautÃ© until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add green onions, milk, tomatoes, basil, garlic powder and black pepper. Cook for few minutes until heated through.
- Toss in cooked linguine, Parmesan cheese and coat pasta well.
- Divide among 4 pasta bowls or plates.
- Serve at once.
- Shopping Tip
- I used my favorite brand of Cajun spices, Spice of Life âCajun Sensationâ blend. Itâs just fabulous! To order online or find out where itâs sold, go to their website, www.PasoSpices.com. Or, use a Cajun blend available in most supermarkets in the spice aisle.
- Weight Watchers (old points) 8
- Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 10
- SKINNY FACTS: for one serving
- 391 calories, 9.8g fat, 37g protein, 37g carbs, 5g fiber, 597mg sodium, 4g sugar
- For more skinny recipes, join me at http://skinnykitchen.com
Leave a review or comment