Butternut Soup easy party food and Quick appetizersPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 2by John Wm. Macy's CheeseSticks9 recipes>
This year the Famers Almanac says that it will be a cold and early winter. Be sure you are prepared with delicious soup recipes that can be served as a quick appetizer or main meal. For this recipe we have combined butternut squash with honey and nutmeg to make this hearty soup!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 butternut, peeled and de-seeded
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large pan, heat olive oil and sauté onion and garlic
- 2. Cut the butternut into chunks and add it to the pan
- 3. Add the broth and honey and bring to a simmer
- 4. Allow the butternut to cook until it is soft, about 15 minutes
- 5. Add the mixture to a blender and blend until it becomes a smooth texture
- 6. Add honey, nutmeg and whipping cream
- 7. Serve hot!
- Garnish this delicious soup with CheeseCrisps for dipping and you have a perfect and easy party food. To use as an appetizer serve in individual sourdough bread bowls garnished with CheeseCrisps and left over bread.
Leave a review or comment