Buttermilk Banana BreadPrep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 6by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
I've made dozens of different types of banana bread, and this is one of my favorites. Our kids devoured it! My oldest told me "this is the best banana bread you've ever made, Mom." That's high praise from a 9th grader!
- 3 cups flour (I used 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 cups bread flour, but I think all purpose flour will be very close)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk (I used buttermilk substitute - put 1 Tbsp of white vinegar in a cup and fill the rest with milk, mix, and let sit for 4-5 minutes before use)
- 4 ripe bananas
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients (through salt) and set aside.
- In a separate, large bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mash together. Add the dry ingredients to this bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 in relatively small pans if you have them. (See picture for the size I used). Delicious warm or cold!
Leave a review or comment