Bruschetta With Tomatoes, Cucumbers, And Basil
- 3 lrg ripe tomatoes seeded and minced
- 1/2 lrg red onion cut in 1/4" dice
- 1 x peeled seeded cucumber cut in 1/4" dice
- 1 c. fresh basil leaves shredded Coarse salt Freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil plus more
- 1 Tbsp. red-wine vinegar
- 1 x baguette
- 2 x peeled garlic cloves - (to 3)
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and basil; season lightly with salt and pepper. Add in extra virgin olive oil and vinegar, and toss well to combine. Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour, but no longer than 3.
- Heat broiler or possibly grill pan. Cut bread diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Brush both sides lightly with extra virgin olive oil; grill or possibly broil on both sides till toasted.
- Rub warm bread lightly with garlic cloves on one side only. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top with tomato mix. Let stand a few min to allow juices to soak into bread before serving.
- Makes 15 to 20.
Leave a review or comment