Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies
- 1 c. Butter or possibly margarine, softened
- 1/2 c. Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1 x Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 c. Finely minced pecans
- 1 c. Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. Half-and-half
- 1 Tbsp. Butter or possibly margarine
- 1 1/2 c. Sifted powdered sugar (up to 1-2/3) Pecan halves
- Beat butter at medium speep with an electirc mixer; gradually add in sugars, mixing well. Add in egg and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour, soda, and salt; gradually adding to creamed mix, mixing after each addition. Stir in pecans. Refrigeratedough for 30 min. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 10-12 min. Cold on wire racks, and spread Brown Sugar Frosting over tops. Top each cookie with a pecan half.
- Yield: 5 dozen.
- Brown Sugar Frosting: combine brown sugar and half-and-half in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, till mix comes to a boil; boil 4 min. Remove from heat. Stir in butter. Add in 1-1/2 c. powdered sugar, and beat at medium speed till smooth. Add in remaining powdered sugar to desired consistency.
- Yield: 1-1/3 c..
- This looks hard but isn't and the cookies are worth the trouble!
Leave a review or comment