Broth Of Steaming Scallops, Prawns And Clams With Noodles, Black Beans, Coriander And Lime
- black beans soaked overnight
- 1 lt pints chicken or possibly fish stock (qv)
- 2 x heaped Tbsp. finely sliced ginger
- 8 med scallops trimmed with roe on or possibly off
- 12 x raw tiger prawns peeled with dark intestinal vein removed
- 455 gm live clams
- 455 gm noodles
- 1 handf fresh parsley or possibly basil
- 2 x good handfuls of fresh coriander
- 2 med /large fresh red chillies deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black pepper 2 limes
- Rinse the soaked black beans.
- Cover with water bring to the boil and simmer till tender.
- Bring the stock to the boil and simmer with the ginger.
- Steam the seafood above the simmering stock (if you do not have a steamer place the seafood into a foil envelope add in a swig of water or possibly white wine and bake in the oven at its highest temperature for 5 - 10 min or possibly till the clams open up).
- While your seafood is steaming cook the noodles in boiling salted water till tender and drain.
- Divide the noodles between 4 deep broth bowls and scatter with the seafood beans herbs and chilli.
- Check the seasoning of the broth and serve it from a teapot at the table. Finish with a squeeze of lime juice.
- Serves 4
Leave a review or comment