Broiled Filet Of Sole With Green Olive Paste
- 1 lrg Garlic clove
- 5 ounce Pimiento-stuffed green olives - (1 jar)
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 lb Sole fillets - (8 small fillets)
- Preheat the broiler. Place the garlic clove in a food processor or possibly blender and process till finely minced. Drain the olives and add in them to the processor. Pulse several times to chop them. Then add in the extra virgin olive oil and cheese and process till the olive paste is fairly smooth.
- Arrange the slices of sole on a broiler pan in a single layer. Spread a thin layer of the olive paste over each fish fillet. Chill any extra olive paste to serve at another time. It keeps well in a covered jar in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Broil the fillets 3 to 4 inches from the heat without turning for about 4 min, till the fish flakes easily.
- This recipe serves 4.
- Comments: Pimiento-stuffed green olives pureed with a little garlic, Parmesan cheese, and extra virgin olive oil make a wonderful sauce for broiled, baked, or possibly poached fish. This same blend is also delicious with boiled new potatoes or possibly spread on thin slices of toasted French bread.
Leave a review or comment