Broccoli, Asparagus and Red Pepper Stir-Fry with Quinoa
The red peppers make this stir-fry just a pretty as it is delicious! It can be served over rice instead of quinoa if you prefer but I honestly love the quinoa and the health benefits are amazing!
- 2+ tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2+ tablespoons brags liquids aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2+ teaspoons dark sesame oil
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups red bell pepper strips
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups (1-inch) sliced asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- To make the sauce, combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Set aside.
- To prepare stir-fry, bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in the quinoa; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and stir-fry for about 3 minutes. Add the bell pepper, mushrooms, asparagus, salt, and broccoli; stir-fry 3 minutes. Stir in the sauce. Serve over quinoa, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Leave a review or comment