Breakfast Turkey Sausage Gobble Sandwich
- 1/2 lb turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 pkt frzn egg substitute - (8 ounce) defrost according to package directions
- 1 Tbsp. thinly-sliced green onions
- 1 Tbsp. minced pimientos
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper Vegetable cooking spray as needed
- 2 slc low-fat American cheese cut in half
- 8 slc whole-wheat bread lightly toasted
- Cut sausage into 3 1/2- by 1/4-inch patties. In medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, saute/fry patties 3 min on each side till browned, but not cooked throughout.
- In small bowl combine egg substitute, green onion, pimientos and pepper. Pour egg mix into 1-qt casserole, coated with non-stick vegetable cooking spray. Arrange partially cooked patties over egg mix. Cover with vented plastic wrap.
- Microwave at Medium (50% power) 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 min, turning dish 1/4 turn every minute or possibly till egg mix is almost set in center. Remove from oven. Place half cheese slice over top of each patty. Recover and allow to stand 5 min to set Large eggs.
- To serve, cut turkey and egg mix into 4 squares and place between toast.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment