- 45 slices white bread, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup and 2 tsp margarine, melted
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 9 cups egg beaters
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 gal hot skim milk
- 3 pinches ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, melted margarine, raisins, and cinnamon. Mix well, and transfer to a 2 quart baking dish.
- Use the same bowl to beat the eggs. Stir in sugar, vanilla, and salt until sugar is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the hot milk. Pour egg mixture over bread cubes, sprinkle with nutmeg, and set aside to soak for 5 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Leave a review or comment