Brasso Seco Steamed Fish
- 8 slc King Fish
- 4 x limes (3 limes cut in half, 1 lime cut into thin slices)
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable stock, dry.
- 1/4 c. minced chives
- 1/4 c. minced celery
- 4 Tbsp. thyme
- 4 x minced pimento peppers (seeds removed)
- 6 stalk fresh cilantro Or possibly 3 Tbsp. of dry cilantro.
- 1 x salt to taste
- 1 x black pepper to taste
- 2 dsh Angostura Bitters
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 x large sweet peppers
- 1/2 lb white onions
- 1/2 lb tomatoes
- 1 x large christophene (chayote or possibly mirliton)
- 6 x Okras
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 1 c. coconut lowfat milk pwdr
- 3 Tbsp. roucou juice
- Chop the remaining vegetables into cubes.
- Place a large pan over medium heat.
- Place the butter, fresh seasonings, sweet peppers, onions, tomatoes, okras, christophene and oregano to the pan and sautee for two min.
- Add in the cocount lowfat milk pwdr and roucou.
- Cook vegetables over medium heat for 10 to 15 min, be careful not to over cook the vegetables.
- Add in the king fish slices and simmer for 5 min.
- When you have added the fish avoid stirring so the fish slices don't break up.
- The Plate:Place fish slices on a plate with the vegetables and garnish with lime slices and carrot if you like.
Leave a review or comment