Braised Halibut with Tomato, Capers and OlivesPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Janet Ciel1 recipe>
This is a Mediterranean seafood dish, which is impressive to serve and very low fat.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 (141/2oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 1/3/4 cups water
- 1 cup dry orzo (about 6 oz)
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup capers
- salt and pepper to taste
- 11/4 lb halibut fillet, skin removed
- Heat oil in 10 inch non-stick skillet over high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add celery and fennel seeds. Cook about 2 more minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, water, orzo, olives and capers, some of the salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Season halibut with remaining salt and pepper and add to skillet, spooning the mixture over the fish. Cover and simmer until the fish is opaque in center and the orzo is tender, about 10-12 minutes.
Leave a review or comment