Blue gardenia saladPrep: 15 min Servings: 6by Micheline119 recipes>
This wonderful salad is the specialty of a restaurant in my area. It is my all time favourite salad. It tastes fantastic and is very garlicky. Because of the 2 cups of oil used for the dressing it has a lot of calories so I simply control the amount of dressing I put on my salad.
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 6 hard boiled eggs chopped in large pieces
- 2 small carrots finely grated
- 12-15 whole green olives stuffed with red pimentos
- 3 or 4 small fresh tomatoes
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 oz white vinagre
- 1 cup oil (olive or canola)
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 4 garlic buds
- 1 more cup of oil (olive or canola)
- Using a food processor, add the ingredients (in the same order as is listed under dressing) one by one while processing on high without stopping as you continue to very slowly add each ingredient until it thickens like a mayonnaise. Adding the ingredients very slowly while continuing to process the ingredients is the secret for the success of this dressing.
- Best when made 24 hours in advance so the flavours have time to blend well. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve with the salad ingredients.
- Before serving, cut up iceberg lettuce, add the chopped hard boiled eggs, the grated carrots, green olives and the tomatoes. Add enough dressing on each serving and mix well. Serve and enjoy!
Leave a review or comment