- 1 1/2 c. Flour
- 1 c. Brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 c. Quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 c. Butter
- 1 1/2 c. Seedless Blackberry jam,*
- 1/2 c. Minced pecans
- * Or possibly preserves or possibly conserve
- Bar cookies are easy to prepare because they are spread in a pan and baked all at one time. They should be cooled before cutting.
- This is such an easy recipe-but it tastes like you spent hrs preparing it. It's great for brunch and coffee klatches!
- Preheat oven to 375 .
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and oatmeal. Cut in all but two Tbsp. butter. Press 1/2 of flour mix proportionately into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Spread jam over batter in pan, then top with remaining flour mix. Dot with two Tbsp. butter and with minced pecans.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 min. Let cold completely, then cut into rectangles.
- Variation: Use other types of jam, such as apricot.
- Yield: 24. Suzanne J. Brown, owner SBJ Communications, Skillman, NJ
Leave a review or comment