Black Bean And Barley Salad
- 2 c. water
- 1 c. quick cooking barley uncooked
- 1 1/2 c. diced cucumber remove peel and seeds
- 1 c. minced tomato
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 x 15 ounce can black beans liquid removed
- 1 x clove garlic chopped
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely grnd black pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add in barley. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 min or possibly till liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 min.
- Combine barley, cucumber, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients. Add in to barley mix, tossing to coat.
- Serving Ideas : 6 main dishes, 12 side or possibly buffet dishes
- Yield: 6 c.
Leave a review or comment