Biscuits D'RomaPrep: 20 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 12by J. Gino Genovesi60 recipes>
Perfect addition to stews and soups, and great with sausage gravy. This recipe is an improved Italian recipe my mother used. They have a sweet flavor. They are great with butter and jelly on them for kids snacks
- 1 lg. eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 T. honey
- 1 T. sugar
- In bowl, beat eggs slightly and stir in the above ingredients.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup butter (stick oleo)
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, cream of tartar.
- Cut in the butter. The mixture should appear like coarse crumbs.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour and stir until combined.
- Turn onto a floured board; knead about 12 times. ( if sticky add a little flour)
- Roll out to about 1 inch thickness.
- Cut with a floured object, i.e.; biscuit cutter or a glass etc.
- On ungreased baking sheet, place about 1 inch apart.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm. Makes12 biscuits.
Leave a review or comment