BinatogPrep: 10 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
It is a boiled-corn topped with grated coconut and salt. Very famous everywhere in the Philippines. A good merienda (mid-afternoon snack) to have any day!
- 3 cups white hominy (white corn kernels)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh shredded coconut
- salt or sugar to taste (I prefer salt)
- In a deep pot, pour water, hominy, and salt.
- Bring to boil for 15 minutes or until hominy pop then drain and transfer to serving bowl.
- Top with shredded coconut then sprinkle with salt or sugar to taste.
- Best served warm.
Leave a review or comment