Better-for-you-burgersPrep: 30 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Lemon Squeezy61 recipes>
Healthy, cheap and easy to make
- 500g lean minced beef (preferably 5% fat)
- 1 egg
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 150g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 50ml milk
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan (optional)
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- A grating of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- CHOP - Peel and finely chop the red onion or shallots. Peel and crush the garlic. Wash and chop the parsley. Make the breadcrumbs.
- MIX - Put the minced beef into a large mixing bowl and add the onion, garlic, parsley, egg, milk, nutmeg, chilli flakes and parmesan if using. Add most of the breadcrumbs, reserving a couple of tablespoons. Mix thoroughly.
- ROLL - To make the burgers, roll the mixture into portions the size of a tennis ball. Then press flat with your hands on a chopping board sprinkled with the reserved breadcrumbs. Keep the burgers in the fridge until ready to grill.
- GRILL - Brush the burgers with the olive oil and barbecue or grill for 6 minutes on each side, or a little longer if you prefer your burger well done.
Leave a review or comment