Beef Tenderloin In Wine Sauce
- 1 x beef tenderloin - (3 lbs)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/2 c. butter or possibly margarine
- 1 x onion thinly sliced
- 1 x garlic clove chopped
- 1 pkt sliced fresh mushrooms - (8 ounce)
- 1/2 c. dry red wine
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp warm sauce
- 1 c. beef broth
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- Sprinkle beef proportionately with salt and pepper. Place in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 min.
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, 7 min. Stir in wine and next 3 ingredients.
- Whisk together beef broth and all-purpose flour, and stir into wine mix. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 min or possibly till onion is tender.
- Remove beef from oven, and top with sauce. Bake beef 18 more min or possibly to desired degree of doneness, basting once.
- Transfer beef to a serving platter, reserving sauce in pan. Let beef stand 10 min before slicing. Serve with sauce.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment