Beef Strips and Sausages in Pita bread
I like this Mediterranean inspired bread. I made a little twist by adding heat to the meat. Enjoy!
- 1/2 kilo Beef tendeloin strips
- 2 pcs Italian sausage, diced
- 1/2 cup green beans, julliened
- 1 med carrot, thinly sliced strips
- 1 med white onion, diced
- 1 med tomato, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced into strips
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 water
- 1 tsp hot sauce or paprika
- 4 pita bread rounds, halved or full whichever is prefered
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- In a hot pan, stir fry onion, green beans, carrots and green pepper in 1 tablespoon hot oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and keep stir frying for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside the veggies.
- Stir fry the beef on the same pan.
- Add the soy sauce and cook for a minute then add the cornstarch solution and keep stir frying until bubbly.
- Set aside on a separate platter.
- When serving, Fold the pita bread to make a pocket, add a spoonful of meat mixture on to the pita bread and add the veggies.
- Top with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and cheese.
Leave a review or comment