Basque Chicken De Louise
- 1 x Frying chicken Quartered
- 2 x Red Peppers julienned
- 2 med Onions thinly sliced,separated into rings
- 1 jar Sun-Dry Tomatoes Thinly sliced
- 2 x Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 pch Freshly Grnd Pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 can Tomato Paste (8 ounces)
- 6 ounce Dry White wine
- 1/2 pt Chicken Stock Black Olives To Garnish Orange Quarters To Garnish
- 8 ounce Rice Easy Cook
- Soak top and bottom of 3-1/4 qt clay cooker in water about 15 min; drain. Place green pepper, onions, mushrooms if using and garlic in cooker. Place chicken quarters, skin side up, over vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and black and cayenne peppers. Mix tomato sauce and wine; pour into cooker.
- Place covered cooker in cool oven. Set oven at 450 . Bake till chicken is tender and light brown, about 1-1/4 hrs. Remove chicken pcs to hot serving bowl; keep hot. Pour cooking liquid with vegetables into a medium skillet. Max cornstarch and water; stir into skillet. Heat to boiling; cook stirring constantly, till thickened and clear. Pour sauce and vegetables over chicken.
- Serving Ideas : Serve over white rice.
Leave a review or comment