Basic Easy Pie CrustPrep: 10 min Servings: 4by Glenn37 recipes>
For my grandmother, Eva Koehler, this was what passed for "easy." For me, easy means opening the box and removing the sleeve, cutting the end and removing the roll of pie dough then un-rolling the dough and placing it in a greased 9" pan. Translations have been made where appropriate. This is one of a very few recipes in her book to actually have instructions. Most jus indicated ingredients (some had amounts).
- 3 cups Flour (all purpose)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Margarine
- 1/2 cup Crisco™ (shortening)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbs Vinegar
- 2-4 tbs ice Water
- Put flour, salt, margarine & shortening together and mix with fork until it develops “coarse crumbs.”
- Mix the egg and vinegar together and add to dry ingredients.
- Add ice water to hold the mixture together.
- Place between wax paper sheets and roll out. If you do not use wax paper dust your rolling pin and table surface liberally with flour.
Leave a review or comment