basbousaPrep: 10 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 1by nani ahmad4 recipes>
delicious egyptian dessert
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups semolina
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- sugar syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1cup water
- juice of half lemon
- 1-Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2-Melt butter, allow to cool to room temperature.
- 3-Combine sugar and buttermilk in a large bowl.
- 4-Combine the semolina, vanilla, baking powder and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- 5-Add semolina mixture to buttermilk mixture, mix well, then add melted butter, and mix well.
- 6-Spray an 11x7 inch pan with cooking spray, pour in the mixture; You may also use a 13x9 inch pan, and bake for 25 minutes instead of 30.
- 7-Let sit for 20 minutes.
- 8-Bake for 30 minutes, pour sugar syrup over it while still warm.
- 9-This is usually served with tea or coffee.
- 10------- Sugar Syrup ----------.
- 11-Combine sugar, water and juice of half a lemon in a saucepan.
- 12-Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes, mixture should thicken when it cools.
Leave a review or comment