Banana Split PiePrep: 60 min Servings: 12by Mary Joseph24 recipes>
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not much of a baker, but this is an old family recipe that has been gratiously "given" to me for use in my cookbook so I want to share it here with you all. Its one of the very few dessert recipes I make and its addicting, so look out. To this day if I show up to Thanksgiving without this people are not happy with me.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 6 or so crackers)
- 1 stick melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 sticks of butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 2 large boxes frozen strawberries, drained
- 2 cups drained crushed pineapple
- Cool whip
- Chopped pecans (optional)
- Use a food processor to make the graham crackers into crumbs. Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Pat into bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place the 2 sticks of softened butter, powdered sugar and eggs in bowl. Beat with electric mixer for 20 minutes (a must!). Spread this over the crust. Layer bananas, strawberries and pineapple onto filling. Top with cool whip, sprinkle with finely chopped pecans. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
Leave a review or comment