Banana Split Ice Cream Cake
- 4 c. strawberry ice cream
- 1/3 c. Strawberry Sauce, chilled
- 1/3 c. Chocolate Sauce, chilled
- 4 c. vanilla ice cream
- 14 ounce canned pineapple
- 4 c. chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 c. whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- 1 x banana, sliced
- 1 1/4 c. frzn strawberries
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp orange rind, grated
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice or possibly water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. whipping cream or possibly evaporated lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa pwdr
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare sauces and let cold before preparing cake.
- Let strawberry ice cream stand at room temperature for about 20 min or possibly till spreadable; pack proportionately into 9-inch springform pan.
- Pour chocolate sauce over top. Freeze for 15 to 20 min or possibly till hard.
- Meanwhile, let vanilla ice cream stand at room temperature for about 20 min or possibly till softened. Meanwhile, drain pineapple and pure in food processor; mix into vanilla ice cream. Spread over chocolate layer; freeze for 20 min or possibly till hard. Meanwhile, let chocolate ice cream stand at room temperature for 20 min or possibly till softened; spread over pineapple layer.
- Whip cream with confectioners' sugar; spread or possibly pipe over top of cake.
- Remove side of pan; garnish with banana and Strawberry Sauce. Serve immediately. Freeze for 20 min or possibly till hard.
- Strawberry Sauce:In small saucepan, stir together strawberries, sugar and orange rind.
- Blend orange juice with cornstarch; stir into pan and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat for 7-8 min or possibly till thickened. Chill till chilled.
- Chocolate Sauce:In saucepan, whisk together sugar, whipping cream, cocoa, vanilla extract and salt till smooth; cook over medium heat, stirring for 8 to 10 min or possibly till thickened and smooth. Let cold.
- Makes 1 1/2cups.
Leave a review or comment