Banana Oat And Bran Cookies
- 2 x bananas ripe and mashed
- 1/2 c. wheat flour
- 1/4 c. wheat bran
- 1/4 c. rolled oats
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. nonfat yogurt plain (or possibly lowfat)
- 1/8 c. maple syrup real
- 2 x egg whites
- 1 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/2 c. raisins or possibly diced prunes
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Beat mashed bananas, egg whites, brown sugar, maple syrup, yogurt, and cinnamon.
- 3 Combine the remaining dry ingredients: flour, oats, wheat bran, salt and baking pwdr in a separate bowl. Use an electric mixer to combine dry ingredients with wet mix.
- 4 Add raisins, minced prunes, and/ or possibly nuts.
- 5 Roll cookies into balls, place on a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake for 8-12 min till cookies are hard and dry Description: "The combination of oats and bran make this chunky banana cookie a satisfying low- fat, high fiber healthy snack."
Leave a review or comment