Banana Cherry Custard MuffinsPrep: 10 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 12by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
Banana Cherry Custard Muffins are the perfect quick breakfast or guilt-free healthy, 4 ingredient, sweet, lo-calorie snack!
- ¾ cup frozen pitted cherries, thawed, halved and well drained
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line a plate with 2 layers of paper towels and place the cherries on top to dry briefly.
- Put the bananas in a large bowl and mash them thoroughly with a fork. Add the vanilla and mix and mash to combine. Add the eggs and whisk until well beaten.
- Divide the cherries evenly (6 halves) among the muffin cups, and then pour in the banana custard (each cup will be about three-quarters full). Use a fork to bring the cherries up a little from the bottom. Bake until the muffins are domed and set, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Run a thin knife around the edge of each muffin and remove with a small offset spatula. Cool slightly. Dust with powdered sugar if using and serve.
Leave a review or comment