Baked Guavas Stuffed With Mushrooms And Olives
- 6 x guavas
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 c. mushrooms, minced
- 1 Tbsp. onion, minced
- 1/2 c. green olives, minced
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, minced
- 4 tsp minced fresh dill weed or possibly
- 1 tsp dry dill
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- To prepare the guavas for stuffing, cut a thin slice from the top of the guava. With a melon ball scoop or possibly small spoon, remove the seeds and set the guavas aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add in mushrooms, onion, green olives, herbs, salt and pepper; saute/fry till vegetables are soft. Remove the mix from the flame; cold. Stuff the guavas, filling them to the top.
- Place stuffed guavas in a baking dish just large sufficient to hold them and sprinkle sesame seeds over the guava tops. Bake at 325 F. for 1 hour, or possibly till the fruit is tender. Serve warm.
Leave a review or comment