Baked BeignetsPrep: 25 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 24by Poornima hegde8 recipes>
A classic golden french doughnuts with an airy crisp texture on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, these sugary pillows make a great breakfast and give you the feel of the taste of New Orleans at home!
- Water 2 tablespoons & more
- Sugar 1 teaspoon (for yeast)
- Sugar 3 tablespoons (for dough)
- Active dry Yeast 1 teaspoon
- Wheat flour or Plain flour 2.5 cups
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda or Fruit salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Olive oil 3 tablespoon
- Milk 2 tablespoon
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Egg 1 whole
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- Sugar or powdered sugar(for dusting) 1/2 cup
- Mix 2 tablespoons of warm water with a teaspoon of sugar and yeast powder. keep it aside for 10-15 minutes so that the yeast can get active.
- Combine wheat flour, sugar, Baking powder, fruit salt/baking soda and salt. Add olive oil and mix well till the mixture looks like bread crumbs.
- Add milk, lemon juice, Egg, vanilla essence, yeast mixture and mix. Add water if the mixture is too dry. Cover and place it in a warm place for an hour.
- Once the dough looks doubled, dust the dough and knead it well for 5 minutes. Add some more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Roll the dough into a rectangle shape and using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the dough into small square shaped pillows.
- You can cut the dough into your desired shape if you do not prefect the square pillows. Arrange the cut pillows on a lined and sprayed baking tray. Let the pillows rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Brush milk over the pillows and bake them for 8-10 minutes.
- Grind the sugar to a fine powder. Remove the Beignets from oven once the pillows start to turn golden brown.
- Dust Beignets with powdered sugar. Also dust a little more on top before serving.
Leave a review or comment