Bailey's Chocolate TrufflesPrep: 20 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 20by Carolinaheartstrings301 recipes>
What could be better than a little chocolate and a little of my favorite liqueur Bailey’s Irish Cream? Put the two together and you have one yummy treat. These truffles were so easy to make. This recipe is fool proof. Put some truffles in a pretty little tin and you have a great food gift for someone this holiday season!
- 1 package (12 ounces) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur
- 1 cup chocolate jimmies, optional
- In a double boiler over simmering water, combine chocolate, butter and heavy cream. Heat until chocolate is melted. Stir until you have a smooth mixture. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla. Pour mixture into a shallow casserole dish (9Ã13) and cool at room temperature for about 25 minutes.
- Stir in the Baileyâs and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours. If you refrigerate longer than two hours, the mixture will be too hard to work with. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a melon baller, scoop out chocolate mixture, roll into one inch balls, and place on baking sheet. Roll balls in jimmies until coated on all sides. Makes approximately 20.
Leave a review or comment