Bacon Wrapped MeatloafPrep: 15 min Cook: 75 min Servings: 8by Beth Roan118 recipes>
I've never had meatloaf. Mainly because the ones I've seen were stuffed with chunks of onions and bell peppers and partly because the "loaf" part sounds disgusting. But after seeing a recipe that didn't have the onions and peppers AND had my aversion to the word "loaf" in it, I decided to give it a try.
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 12 ozs Bread, white (about 6 slices)
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1-1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/3 cup Parsley, minced
- 4 Large Eggs, beaten
- 10 Slices Bacon
- 1-1/2 Cups Ketchup
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour milk over the bread and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Place beef, bread, cheese, seasoned salt, salt, pepper and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in eggs.
- Add the ground meat and mix the ingredients with your hands until well combined. (the Pioneer Woman says "with clean hands" - I'm hoping that I don't need to tell you that part)
- Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan. (wrap bottom part of pan with foil to allow for easier clean-up)
- Lay bacon slices over the top of loaf and tuck them underneath the loaf.
- Mix the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and hot sauce in mixing bowl.
- Spread 1/3 of the sauce over the top of the bacon.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Pour another 1/3 of the sauce over the top.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with remaining sauce.
Leave a review or comment